Monday 17 January 2011

Update on my life....


It is boring. My life. Seriously. I want to be back at Uni. I want to feel petrified, standing up teaching. My days consist of house work/ the occasional 'semi-jog' on the running machine/ baking/ and watching cartoons.
I have just got into Black Butler and absolutely love the costumes, and the humorous twist on Victorian society.


http://www.animepalm.com/images/black-butler-english-dubbed.png

It glamorises Jack the Ripper that's how good it is! It makes me wish that I was alive then. I would even go as far as saying that western people could even get away with cosplaying it.

Moving on.
Another one, that actually has only just started is Gosick. Again it is set in Europe, a made-up country in Europe in 1924. The main female character is called Victorique. VICTORIQUE! If I did the same to my name it would be Elizabique which would sound like /ɪˈlɪzəbiːk/or (ee-liz-uh-beak) which is not as pleasant sounding. ;sigh;
You should watch it. It has suspense. A possible romance. Mystery. Children solving crimes. What else do you need? I'm not being sarcastic. Watch it. = =
Okay, now I'm done being a bully.

I made scones. And surprisingly they were nice. :)
Actually they were delicious. This was the first time (dessert-wise) that I liked something I made on its first attempt. So, I had them with afternoon tea. Rose Tea. In my fancy old fashioned cup. Vintage cup. (I am fooling myself it is second hand which means that a stranger drank from it [but then again isn't this what happens in restaurants? Sharing cutlery and such with stranger]). Anyway, it was lovely. All that was missing was the attire. I don't really think my over-sized trackies matched...... neither did Yin's complaining about the fattiness of the clotted cream. I still enjoyed them.

I really shouldn't complain about my taxing life. In some ways its insulting.

Now a summary of new likes I discovered since being back in London. Random :D

I like this shop


A music video where the lyrics don't completely make sense, but predictably I love the theme. If I was a music artist I would like to be this kind of unusual. But with a hint of Kanon Wakeshima.


And here is wear I post a picture that I like
*insert*




1 comment:

  1. haha I remember seeing that music video a while ago.

    As for Black Butler, it's a good Anime series. When you're done watching the first series, are you going to watch the second?

    Also, there's some other good old British styled Anime out there. You should check them out, they are, for the most part, really good.

    ReplyDelete